02 April 2008

Why?

Why do I sit on my floor exhausted, yet unwilling to go make the effort to go to bed? Why do I just keep looking at my computer get slower and slower, showing its own signs of sleepiness and yet I still am unwilling to get off my butt, clear off my bed, and go to sleep? As I type my eyelids are falling, my brain is stumbling for words.  Why have I been pushing back my bed time for the past couple of days? Nothing is stopping me from getting to bed on time. All I want to do in the morning is stay under my nice soft covers, so why don't I make sure to go to bed on time instead of spending time on facebook "trout slapping" my friends?

Why?

Why am I posting this instead of being deep under my covers asleep? Why am I thinking still? Why do I not turn this time waster off, and do what I should be doing -sleep? 

My little sister is writing the greatest story.  It feels like a romance in the making. Her main character has met a boy; definitely going to be a part of the story. It's so entertaining. It reminds me of my weird past in which I read Star Wars fan fiction online where I had to wait impatiently for the next part of the story.  One, I don't do that anymore. Thank goodness. That was a definite weird phase of my life. And, two, my sister's story is by far better than anything I read back then. It's excellent. I think she should ignore her High school career and just finish that story for me.  But, I guess High school graduation is an important thing to accomplish.  

My other little sister was trying to curl her own hair this afternoon.  You know, putting your hair in sponge curls. She had to do this by herself because no one else would show their love for her and help her out!!  But I hope it turned out okay.  It's a good thing to learn how to do; just like the ability to french braid your own hair.  I miss the days when I had long hair that I could french braid!  

There is part of me that wants to grow my hair out again. I like my short hair, but sometimes it just seems there is little to do with it. Also, it starts to grow out, and looks extremely psychotic. Not at all exciting. And when you are a poor college student, paying to get your haircut by an amazingly talented hair stylist is way out of your price range.  Going to Great Clips always causes anxiety so I am trying to stay away from salons such as that. 

Why am I sitting here rambling aimlessly about my life? I need to go to bed!

Facebook is an interesting thing. So random, and somewhat pointless. I had someone throw a sheep at me on facebook.  How odd!  Why do we find this facebook thing so irresistible? Why? It's probably the same reason my sister is obsessed over World of Warcraft.  We find it so exciting and spend all our time on it, because it is just weird. (This doesn't make since because my brain is slowly closing down for the night.)

I now know why I tend to enjoy going places by myself rather than bringing people along with me.  The chore of merging the two schedules together is tiresome. We each have our own priorities and desires - it's hard to find a middle ground.  

Okay now that it has reached the 11th hour of the night, and my eyes are almost glued shut, I think I am really going to call it a night.

I have noticed that when I say I am going to quit, some other random bit of news or memories pops into my head and I just keep writing. It's the same in my journal, and while I am writing letters.  I think I ended one of the letters I just wrote at least 3 times before I actually said goodbye and then I even added a PS at the end.  It's a crazy phenomenon. 

In my english class our last project is a group project on a medical subject. Whenever I think medical, I think House MD. (The greatest show ever aired... Well airing right now.) Ever since I was told about this project, the sentence that keeps popping up in my head is "It's never lupus." I have decided that lupus is going to the subject of my group project. It's going to be great. Hopefully my group is cool with it as well. I don't really like working in groups. You have to do that merging thing with schedules, ideas and research. There are so many confounding factors.  Grr...  But all will be well.  

Okay now I must bid farewell.  Because I have seriously fallen asleep. 

No comments:

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones