27 March 2008

Brain Exploded at 8:45 this Evening

My brain officially exploded with the over-downloading of Statistical information!  It hurts.  I am sick of doing averages, percentages, sums of box models.  Sampling retarded samples. Over and over and over and over again!  My arm is aching from the strain. My eyes keep glancing up at my clock wondering when bedtime will arrive.  Wondering how soon would be too early to call it a night!  I have done so much to prepare for my stats exam, and now my head is having difficulty processing it all.

I like doing well at school.  I expect myself to do the best I can do.  I see know point in spending the time, energy, and Money to do less than my best.  Some of my family members, mainly my older sister, thinks I'm obsessive compulsive with my grades. You know I just expect myself to do the best I can.  Getting that B because of retarded, stupid mistakes is highly irritating.  I am at school to learn and to get good grades. So that is what I plan on doing!

My brain is broken at the moment, but it will be okay after Friday.  I am planning on not doing any school work after 11:30 Friday.  I have to play hard and let my brain rest.

I have been looking at the next few weeks wondering how my brain is going to handle this:  I have so much to do the rest of the semester!  But then I decided that I will take it one day at a time.  I can handle it.  My brain will not really explode.... maybe if I keep telling myself this it will happen.

I asked my mom, via text, whether I could go to bed at 8:45 pm. She didn't respond.  Either her phone is off (which is very likely), or she is already in bed, so I will take that as a "yes" and say adios amigos!

It is officially my bedtime!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I do think it is silly to agonize over grades. Nope, I do not think that not doing your best is a good thing. Quit twisting my words. You ARE obsessive over your grades, and you always have been. Remember in high school when you were crying--CRYING!--because someone in your class got one point higher than you on a test? THAT is not doing your best, that is being retarded about grades. You DID your best, and you got the second highest score, but that wasn't what mattered. Nope, what mattered was that someone else got a higher SCORE. Do you see the difference?

Anonymous said...

Furthermore, haven't you read anything about how cramming for an exam is NOT the way to learn. You might get better GRADES, but you will not retain the information.

SunLover said...

That was high school! - and pride issues. There was this kid who always did better than me, and I wanted to beat him okay!!! And my brain didn't explode because I was cramming. I have been studying for this exam from the day we took our last exam. I was just studying for el exam!!

Anonymous said...

On this I can totally relate to you. I have written 2 four page papers this week, and I wrote each of them in a single day. And the rest of the semester, while I don't have any more papers due, will be full of studying and more studying. Its absolutely no fun when your brain explodes. Its painful and it makes a huge mess. So just need to throw in some play to balance and relieve the work.

Anonymous said...

Melissa---

When your head gets ready to explode like that, it means YOU NEED TO STOP!!! There is an axiom in economics called the Law of Diminishing Returns, wherein the individual gets LESS satisfaction the MORE of something he has. The principle could be applied in this case, as there is a point after which your brain stops retaining information and all the effort is useless. Sometimes, the extra studying has a negative effect. So just CHILL OUT! And you don't have those pride issues? Hmm?

SunLover said...

Um. That's why I stopped!!!

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones