09 March 2008

Amazing

I find it simply amazing, ironic, and odd that I love my English class this semester.  As I registered for the semester, my English class is the class I was least looking forward to.  I hated writing.  I never thought I was good at it.  I know I am not a professional at it.  My sister is by far more amazing (to see check out her blog: freshscribbles). I even voiced my concerns during the first week of class.  Throughout all the assignments we have done though, I have unexpectedly enjoyed myself immensely.

For the class, we have to go visit a Writing "tutor" at least twice during the semester.  Those visits are great.  I had no idea the writing center existed on campus.  As I sit down and do an assignment, it is really exciting.  During the day, I think how to improve the paper, or poem constantly.  It's beyond amazing!  Anyone who knows me knows how odd this truly is.  If I were given the option to write a poem or do a mathematical equation at the beginning of the semester, I would rather be given the algebraic equation and solve for "x".  But now all I want to do is write poetry. It's such a fun avenue of emotional release.  

My personal essay assignment was even thrilling to write.  Trying to find visual ways to write rather than just telling the reader was almost as exciting as trying to find a solution for an inverse sine function!

I will definitely continue writing poetry throughout my life.  It's just fun!  
It really is ironic that the class I am enjoying the most this semester is my English class.  My trigonometry and statistics class are right up at the top as well. My life science class is a totally different story.  But really this semester hasn't been very bad.  In different ways, I have found All my classes enjoyable and interesting.  (even learning about the nature of wheat has been somewhat thrilling...)  

But writing doesn't hold the same dislike as it did in January!! It's been great fun. This blog will most definitely be seeing more of my writing.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you've turned a negative feeling towards the class to one of excitement and enjoyment. And free-form poetry, or whatever its called when you make up the rhythm and whatnot, can be a blast. And it seems like you're doing a great job creating poetry. :)

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones