04 March 2008

Completely Ridiculous

I am going to vent to space today.  I came across a really annoying bit of reality today.  My mom got an earful on her voicemail because of this reality (I needed someone to hear my frustration) - I am sorry for the long, loud voicemail mom!


I am trying to sell some of my DVDs.  I have too many.  I heard that this store buys used DVDs.  I thought, what I great idea!  My DVDs are in almost- new condition.  Most of them have only been viewed a couple of times.  So I went to this store with five of them ready to receive at least $15 dollars for all of them.  They wanted all of them for $7 dollars.  I was flabbergasted.  One of them was going to be bought for 25 cents.  Needless to say, I left the store with my DVDs to think about it for a little bit more.  True I bought 3 out of the 5 at an extremely discounted price, but 25 cents. Come on!!

So I was thinking about it all during the day today, and I decided that it would be okay to get $7 for the whole thing.  I only bought 3 of them, so it would be okay.  I wasn't going to take the time to find someone who would buy them for more.  I wouldn't take the time!  -it's not that important to me.  I just wanted to get rid of them.  I went back to the store today.  The new special clerk takes my DVDs and starts scanning them in.  She stops on the second one and sees my name written with black permanent marker in the case, and says she can't take it.  I was flabbergasted.  I told her that all of them have my name in them.  She's says I'm sorry.  I say, "I could take a black marker and cross it out and you couldn't even tell the difference."  She says, "They have to be in new condition."  So I leave the story before I explode all over her.  (My mom gets a call at this point in the story)  

New condition:  My DVDs have no scratches, they all play magnificently!  I put my name in them because I value my DVDs.  Everyone in their right mind writes there name in their personal belongings.  They were going to buy "the Holiday" for 25 cents ( a relatively new release), and they wouldn't because my name was written on the inside of the black case in black marker.  If they were going to buy it for the amount they were going to sell it (like 10 dollars), I'd understand it a little better.  BUT 25 cents!  -they had an issue with my name!!  I was giving them $60 dollars worth of movies for $7 dollars, and they had an issue with my name -- that can easily be covered up!!

I'm annoyed can ya tell!!!

But hey, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Maybe I CAN find someone willing to spend $3 for a non-scratched DVD with my name written with black marker on the black case!!  Maybe.


(It's already showing blessings, i just sold 2 of the 5 for $10 dollars. ROCK ON!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what I think is completely ridiculous? That you even got irritated at them. You were going lose almost 90% of the value of the DVDs, and you got irritated. At this point in time, I would not have even gone BACK. What did you need the $7 for, anyways? This is what eBay is for. Or the newspaper. I really do not understand what it was that made you angry. The poor employee who had to handle you is probably feeling the same way.

I am also pretty sure this is not what you wanted to hear, but anyways.

SunLover said...

It was just annoying, okay!! But I'm not annoyed anymore.

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones