11 February 2008

Ironic

"Isn't it ironic, don't ya think,
It's like rain on your wedding day,
It's a free ride when you've already paid.
It's the good advice that you just didn't take...."


It's buying 4 gallons of water because the water main breaks, 
then coming home and finding it fixed.


When you have no water for 3 hours, your mind is free to wonder about what would happen if I was truly out of water for days.  Would I be prepared?  Whenever I'm asked if I have a "72-hr kit" I think I'll be just fine.  I have plenty of Prego and such.  But I realized today that no matter how much Prego or how many spaghetti noodles I had, I would be nowhere without water!  So I finally decided to go purchase a few gallons of water.  So that 1.) if my water stayed off for a long time, I would have water; and 2.) If it ever happened again, I would be prepared.  (Also knowing that I didn't have water made me excessively thirsty!!)

It doesn't matter if people think that what I did was stupid.  "You should have waited it out."  -Or the looks that say, "Why did you just go buy water, are water is on now?",and so on.  I now have 4-gallons of water.  I will not feel so "threatened" the next time this happens.  I am a little better prepared.  You never know what will happened.  Water is a necessity of life, and I have it now.  The people around me who are thinking that I just wasted less than 4 dollars on water can go slap themselves silly.  Part of me feels like Noah and the building of the ark!  Noah was prepared, as I am.  



Bring it on!!!

3 comments:

SunLover said...

Right on! My water just turned off again! Who is prepared? Me!!!!

Anonymous said...

Because 4 gallons of water will totally save you if the water gets turned off permanently. Why not go buy a water purification kit so you can ALWAYS have safe water even after your four gallons are gone...

SunLover said...

If I had a water purifier, it wouldn't have helped me at all. There was NO water. None!

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones