09 March 2008

Launch

6th east stands still as I,
the human bullet,
zoom towards my target:

the portal between
a receiver and
       loving mothers,
       tax returns,

       adventurous beginnings.

Six inches away,
I stand frozen to the ground,
with a kettle of mixed emotions
effervescing
in my eager mind.

Like a kid who Wants to Know
the stove is hot,
my sweating, shaking hand
reaches into my worn leather jacket pocket,
grasping
for the small unique copper key.

The unlocking-click echoes the
starting
of an engine.
Squinting as if I was staring straight at the sun,
I slowly pull the tiny door open.

But, my eyes go as wide as hula-hOOps,
as they discover the

        BIG 
    WHITE
 ENVELOPE

with 
Sister 
Melissa 
Kristine 
Boyer 
typed in the center.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait--what? Where are you going? WTF, dude? Why didn't you say anything? It's because it is to The Middle of Nowhere, Canada, isn't? Where the sun is GONE for six or more months of the year. HAHAHAHA. Irony.

SunLover said...

I haven't gotten it yet~! ;) You'll find out as soon as I find out, no worries!!

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones