26 April 2008

A Very Merry Unbirthday...

To you, to you...

When Jenni and I went down to lovely old Davis County to watch my little sister as a Cheshire cat in Alice In Wonderland, we had no idea that it would impact our lives so much!

Well it did. Tonight, we had a party inspired by that trip: the Very Merry Unbirthday Party!!  It could go down as the let's-stuff-Melissa-full-of-as-much-cake-as-possible-party though!  There is a good chance that this might be how this party goes down in history.  I am feeling the effects of this party still as my stomach makes the most interesting noises and feels like mush. Ahhhh... But I ate all 5 normal servings of cake. We didn't want any left over. It was awesome!

The party also somewhat evolved in a sending-Christine-away party. Christine is going to Italy for a grand total of 5 weeks. I am totally psyched for her (somewhat jealous too, but we will try to hide that fact).  I decided that Jenni and I needed to send her out with a bang. This was my chance for an engagement/ wedding present, seeing that I will not have the grand honor of attending her wedding!  

This is what she ended up receiving:

Yes, that is right: a "The Travel to Italy Minus Fiance Carry-on bag!" 

Full of all the essentials for someone in her position.  We have the bridal magazine to peruse over the 10+ hours of air flight, the separation from man medicine: chocolate, lotion to battle the stale smell you begin to acquire after 10+ hours of air flight, the hand sanitizer to battle the many germs, the gum for all your ear popping needs, the travel pillow with earplugs to allow you to get some rest on the 10+ hours of travel (she is definitely going to need this, especially since she is not going to sleep tonight because she is leaving Logan at 3 am), the name tag sporting the fiance, and the Italian phrasebook so she can learn how to shout "Help" in Italian!!  

Two words describe this Carry On Bag: magnificently amazing!  I was so excited to see her open it. It felt so much like Christmas! (I just realized I'm gonna miss the next two Christmases.) She had the biggest smile on her face. We also gave her one big piece of advice: Not to Constantly Moon over Robert!  She looked at me and said, "I am going to be in Italy! - no mooning is going to be happening." I answered right back with a great big High Five and an, "Exactly!" She is going to have a blast!!


The party then continued with each of us eating these massive pieces of delicious chocolate cake. 

I had two of the massive pieces featured in this picture. 

Then I was fed 3 pieces by Amelia who made her own cake during the movie. We watched Bewitched and I laughed! We all laughed.  Jenni and Scarlett had never seen this movie before. It is a great movie- totally adorable!! 

The party was a blast.  As it died down, I was put in front of Amelia's Dell computer and employed in putting her keys back together. It was great, exciting fun!  Then, Jenni got a rose from Stephan! Her face showed her joy at receiving the Rose!  Totally adorable. 

The night was a blast. Hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep, I ate a lot of cake.

Next week, I have to "get down to business and defeat the Huns" or defeat my finals. They're really the same!!

Ciao

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You ate "5 normal pieces"??? They scared me, I feared of being devoured by my chocolate mountain...however I girded up my loins (K yeah, sounds kinda weird, but you get it) and conquered the beast!!! MUAHAHAHA!!! It was very yummy;-)

SunLover said...

Yea, it was yummy until Amelia poured me a plate more!!!! AHHAHAHAH... I have enough cake and frosting to last me for two years.

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones