14 April 2008

Sunday was Sunny

My heart almost burst from joy yesterday as it was sunny all day long.  It was glorious.  The air was warm, the skies were blue, and the sun was shining.  Life was great!

At 10:00, I rolled out of my bed.  Disheveled and completely asleep still, I went downstairs to have pancakes and eggs with the greatest person in the world, Jenni.  It was extremely awesome. My total body was still asleep but it was being well fed. After breakfast, she and I split ways for an hour to become able-to-enter-the-real-world-without-being-completely-embarrassed.  We walked outside and were blown away with the weather. It was absolutely breathtaking. I really wanted to walk to Stake Conference, but due to my brain inactivity I failed to mention this earlier. We had to drive. The air inside my car was hot beyond words, but it was glorious (so much better than shivering). (Bummer that my window doesn't roll down, but who am I to complain on a day such as that!) 

So we went to Stake Conference where I met Stephan. Stephan is the man who is madly in love with Jenni. When anyone came up to us, he acted just as if he has been with her forever.  It was very amusing. The longer we sat, the closer he got.  It was simply adorable.  As we sang the hymns, I was so happy that I sang with all my heart and soul.  It felt great to sing yesterday when the sun was singing its own tune. During the conference, my heart fluttered when I caught a guy staring at me, and waving. But the flutter was momentary, because I realized he was actually staring and waving at a much more attractive and adorable being: a little baby! I am okay with him enjoying a baby. 

At the end of the Conference, Stephan took Jenni away from me for a little bit.  He was going to go introduce her to his sister. Awkward! -especially since they had their second date on Saturday. She described as being on show; people gawking at her. It made me feel a little bit better on having to postpone our amazing picnic idea.  We'll be seeing more of Stephan this weekend in Salt Lake. He is going to come hang out with us - well mostly, Jenni.  Yea!  

Stephen ended up bringing Jenni right back to me though, because his sister had been locked outside of her house so they didn't have the fried ice cream ready.  Jenni loves me you see, and she didn't want to postpone our picnic indefinitely. (I think that might have been a little of an excuse just so she could get out from under the gawking eyes of Stephan's sister and brother-in-law.) 

So Jenni came back and all was right. ;) She, Sarah, and I accompanied Robert and Christine to the place where their lives changed (a park bench) to take some engagement photos. It didn't work out that well because everyone in Logan seemed to have the same great idea to come to the park and enjoy the magnificent sun. But it was fun nonetheless. Robert was setting up his camera, and us girls were enjoying some amazingly deep conversation. Well deep as in, we were thinking that the park would be the perfect place to start singing "That's how you know" and recreate the scene from Enchanted. (there were so many people) It was great fun.

We got a couple of shots at the park but there were people in the way.  It didn't stop me from taking my own pictures with my camera though. This is Robert (the man of the hour) setting up his camera,
this is Jenni and Christine (the woman of the hour) and Sarah is in the background talking on el cellphone,
this is Robert way far away from the bench (we were all wondering what he was doing way back there; wondering if he didn't want to see their faces or not).

It was just amazing to be outside without a coat, or wearing six layers just to keep us from going into hypothermia. 

When that trip ended, Jenni and I got ready for our picnic. We made sandwiches on seven grain bread (compliments of me), with tomato and turkey (compliments of Jenni) and real mayonnaise and spicy brown mustard (compliments of me again). They were delicious.  We also had wheat thins and cream cheese, and about 8 baby carrots. We also had a gallon of water to quench our thirst.  We then got into my beyond hot car, and drove to the Logan temple.  Little did we know, we had followed Christine and Robert (actually we knew, but that wasn't our purpose in going to the temple grounds). We set ourselves up on my jean quilt that has been frozen in the back of my car all Winter long and had ourselves a college student feast. In a word: amazing.

We tried to read the scriptures while there, but it was just so much more interesting to lay back and talk, talk, laugh, talk, eat, talk, laugh, take random pictures, and talk and laugh some more. We saw Christine and Robert getting photographed and they were adorable. This is us as we vegged on the grass,
this is us trying to take pictures of us documenting the great friendship, this is us after I very gracefully flew through the air,
this is us after a mom came to get her son who had been entranced by our insane laughter from the flying episode,
and this is the moon featured in the blue sky. 

It was great fun.  The night went on to include a very interesting mock performance of Scarlett and myself on the cello. Jenni sat transfixed watching my bow move all over my strings: simply amazed with my stupendous talent.  We then went to ward prayer where we shook the Bishop's hand for the second time that day, pretty much became leaches to a guy because we promised ourselves that we would never walk home in the dark by ourselves again, got extremely overheated and where I almost collapsed from exhaustion. It was a great day.  The day ended magnificently with Christine and I talking while her fiance was alone in her room. The day became perfect through the hugs I received at the end!!  I love my friends. I love the gospel. I love the fact that I am going to serve in Albania. I love the temple. And, I love the sun!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing, 1 2 3, testing... the name comment thing works

Anonymous said...

Were you testing the "comment thing" just to see if anyone had tried to post and not been able to? I like your tinkerbell.

SunLover said...

I was testing the "comment thing" to see if you can use the name/url thing! Mom kept saying she was unable to comment on my blog and I just wanted to make sure that it was working right!

Anonymous said...

Well this blog thing is pretty interesting. Funny to see my name on the internet like that. Hey thanks for being patient and letting me take Jenni for a little bit that Sunday. I really didn't mean anything by it, it was kinda random idea of my twins that morning. And naturally us guys don't generally think about what it might be like for the girl. Sorry. And thats all I have to say about that. Otherwise sounded like Y'all had a sweet picnic anyway. While I spent 2 and 1/2 hours,(yes that long I dont know how to get home any faster) driving home. Again it was great to meet you and again on last Saturday.
Well later days Stephan

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones