09 August 2010

BYU Graduation. Winter 2013.

So, my education history has been nothing but smooth sailing. One turn led to another turn or dip or a flip. In a sense, almost complete nonsensical nonsense. I attended Viewmont High School up through 10th grade when during a Trigonometry course, I decided to follow my family into the awesomely intricate world of Home-school. Oh, Home-school! Thomas Jefferson Education, South Davis Co-Op, Shakespeare, over-excessive drama. O bo bo! Weird decision after decision, I end up spending a month of my life in Europe. Loved life—Paris, London, Rome, and Gelato. Then I came back from spending a month through Europe with George Wythians and decided to head south to Cedar City to attend George Wythe College, becoming a janitor/slave at GWC so that I could afford to attend. Throughout it all, the experiences were great. I learned a lot. Our experiences and what we learn from them are what make up our lives. My love for mathematics intensified without it being in my life. As my time at GWC ended in the summer of 2006, I looked forward into my life and saw completely nothing. I moved home and I thought, “What now?!” Well I went to work to get some financial backing for whatever was in my future. Then, in January I followed the scholastic call again and became a Weber Wildcat. After a semester, I decided that Weber just was not going to cut it and became an Aggie, enrolling at Utah State. Utah State lasted for a year, but a dream that I had dreamed since I was 8 years old would not be shaken. I decided that I needed to turn in my mission papers. In July of 2008, I entered the MTC to serve a mission for the Church of Latter-Day Saints in Tirana Albania, returning in January of 2010. My education career has carried me from George Wythe College, to Weber State, to Utah State, and finally to Brigham Young University where I stand today.

Tonight, I put my foot down and planned my education future from today until the day that I will receive my BYU diploma wearing my Blue cap and gown. I have put in motion declaring my major to be that of a Mathematics Education. My minor will be History Education and possibly a TESOL Minor as well, but that could be just a bit excessive. We shall see what happens. Anyways through all my planning, I have come to some conclusions: (1) each semester will be 15/16 credits, and (2) I will officially be wearing that cap and moving the tassel Winter 2013.

I will be much older than the average BYU female graduate I assume, but as a friend once told me, It doesn’t matter when, It just matters that it happens.

Thus it shall – Winter 2013. Go me!!





1 comment:

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones