11 August 2010

2010: Summer Term

Wow! Time flew by, yet, at the same time, this term feels like it has lasted forever.

Spring Term was full of excitement: experiencing the whole BYU experience for the first time, diving into the Provo scene, learning guitar, meeting some pretty awesome people and some pretty interesting people as well. I thought how could anything top that 7 weeks of my life. Well, Summer Term was even better. For one, I only had to write 1 paper and I got to do mathematical equations every day! I mean, what is better than that?!

At the start of the term, I was super excited to start my College Algebra class to prepare me for Honors Calculus in the Fall. I had a Chemistry class I was going to also take but mid-first-class, I dropped it due to the teacher's incompetence. I signed on for Introduction to Music instead, which turned out to be an excellent choice. Both my classes were exciting and thrilling.

My teachers were both humorous, which helped my 8 o'clock music class and I become friends. The Music class had me listening to Mozart, Beethoven, Copland, Gregorian Chant, Vivaldi, and Opera all term. The Math class had me solving wonderfully beautiful logarithms, quadratic equations, inequalities, inverse functions, and then combining polynomials as well as ripping them apart. Life was good!

As I went through the term, desires to see Opera and Ballet, to play in a Symphonic Orchestra again, and to teach math were intensified. It was pretty exciting. Some people might think those desires are extremely odd, but that is just who I am.

I realized once again that I rarely open my mouth before 10 o'clock AM as I didn't meet anyone new in my early Music class, but Math (as 12:00) was a different story. I met a few people in my math class - including the mothers that were working on their unfinished degrees. Within my first week, I noticed a young man that looked really really familiar. Finally I just decided to ask him who he was and lo and behold, he lives in Centerville, went to Viewmont and his name is Brad. Small world. Anyways we became Math Study partners and dominated the class because of it. Honestly, if any of our classmates found out our grades, we'd have to go under cover to protect our lives. Why? Well, our grades will in no way help the class curve to increase. Oops.

All in all, this term was pretty awesome. Next semester will be interesting: more people, more classes, and more weeks. We'll see what happens. I'm pretty excited for the adventure that lies ahead; especially for Honors Calculus. That will definitely be one rockin' adventure.

No comments:

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones