31 May 2008

Summer is Slow

I have decided that the Summer has been going by way too slow.

Everyone might disagree with me. Normally, I would disagree with myself. I mean summer is always super fast. But I have never been waiting for one of the most amazing adventures of my life to begin! I can finally see the end of the waiting but I've still got about 50 days till the beginning of my adventure. To pass my time though, I still have a ton to buy and get prepared for the mission. 

I have been working at LPA for the past month as well, which has kept me somewhat busy and kept my thoughts elsewhere. The last week or so have been rather hard because there is not much to do in a school the last couple of weeks of school. As I have worked there this summer it has been beneficial. I have decided I could not be a full-time 2nd or 3rd grade teacher! Dealing with 25 2nd graders takes a lot of energy and herding skills. Don't get me wrong, those kids are adorable. I love hanging out with them. But they have no desire to be in the classroom for eight hours, and they let you know it. True, it might be different being an actual teacher rather than a random substitute. I remember using Substitutes to get away with a lot of stuff during my elementary days! Elementary students are a blast to be around though. They have an addictive energy for life! There is one 2nd grader who made me smile every time I saw him. We had an eternal game of Tag going on between us. Every time we'd see each other in the halls, he's come up and tag me. It was adorable!  There was also a 3rd grader who was such a blast to be around. She was so enthusiastic and always had a smile on her face. I decided that her lost twin was in the other 3rd grade class. She and this boy looked so similar that I could have sworn they were related; but alas, they are not!  

There was also this 2nd grader who would have to come and give me a hug every time she  saw me in the hall. It warmed my heart! Then there was a 1st grader who knew he was awesome, and it was to die for. His little attitude was awesome!!!  He made me smile. As a kindergartner last year, he and his friend showed off their little muscles to me. It was so cute!  I'd wait for him if I could. ;)

But now the school is empty of all the cute and crazy kids. Sad. So hopefully I can find just as entertaining as amazing things to hold my attention at the school for the next month. 

I went down to the Sister Missionary Mall today with my darling mother. I showed my emotional, hormonal side to my mom today on the way down to the mall. It would be really great to blame my outbursts on my haywire hormones but I don't think I can. I just need to learn to control my emotions and keep deep thinking to things that should be thought deep about!  Let's just say it was a crazy ride down to the mall and it really was my fault! And I feel dreadful about screwing up with the exciting venture my mommie and I were on!

We finally got to the mall and walked into a store full of long skirts, collared shirts and sweaters. It was beautiful! I bought some of my clothes today and it was way exciting.

The next 5o or so days will be full hopefully to help me quickly pass the time. I know of at least one night I'll be busy. I am going to go out with our ward's Sister missionaries and see them at work. I'll be able so see what I'm kind of getting myself into. Now, before you think I'm just doing this to satisfy you Mom, know that I was thinking about this on the way down to the mall. And I really did realize my reasoning for not wanting to do it was very illogical to say the least! :) It'll be exciting to get a glimpse of what I'll be doing for 18 months - even if I'll be doing it in Albanian and 1/2 way across the world.  It'll be thrilling! (Those text messages in the car were telling Sister McFall that I'd love to go out with the sister missionaries as well.) I'm really excited to do it!  I think fear really was a major part in not wanting to do it and I didn't want to admit it!  

So that is one thing I'll be doing.

I also really want to go to the Zoo one more time before I go. We'll see if I can persuade (or bribe) anyone to go with me! No one else seems to like the Zoo as much as I do. But we'll see what we can do about that!  I've also had the dying desire to go Ice Skating! 

I'll probably take my dogs out for a few more walks. I also have a day at Lagoon to look forward to. 

All in all, the time will probably go by quicker than I'm thinking it will. 

I'm super excited!!! It's gonna be a great adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude---you being emotional? Seriously? Like, OMG? What else is new? :)

You know what else is new? My robot. Just the legs are built, but he walks when I tell it to walk! Soon, Marcus 1 and I will be taking over the world!

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones