04 May 2008

Life At Home

Okay it now has been a week since I left Logan. I seriously need to post this draft of a blog post:

As I left Logan, I was celebrating.  Freedom!!!  It was beautiful.  I said Bye to Sardine Canyon for the last time. Then, I got lost.

Or what seemed like I was lost.  It was dark and I was introduced to little, completely unknown cities of Utah like Slaterville or Hooper.  I was following a big truck and his rear and my car's front got to know each other very well.  We followed his rear end for a good 25 minutes.  I have to say that no matter the detour off I-15 where I was forced to go 55 mph I still made it back to my home in 1 hr and 20 min. Amazing!!

Saying goodbye to Logan created mixed emotions in my heart which was totally unexpected.  I was sad to say goodbye to somethings, but for other things I was totally stoked to leave.  Not many people realized that I wasn't coming back after my mission in Albania.  I didn't really announce that I was going off to BYU, because Aggies have a strong opinion of Cougars and I was happy to still be alive! (I guess I shouldn't say that I am not coming back until I actually get my acceptance letter, but I am 99.9% sure that I am not going back to Logan.)  Who can really blame me? Who would in their right mind want to live somewhere where it snows inches on May 1st?  Crazy.

I am going to miss seeing my friends. Right now there is a small part of me that wishes I was making pancakes with Jenni. Or watching a Disney movie with Maryann. Or playing my cello with Scarlett. Or talking about crazy emotional things with Christine. Or teasing Robert until his face goes the shade of a tomato. Or swinging on the swings at Adam's Park. Or locking up the Institute building after ward prayer with Ryan, Kaylon and Jenni. 

But I am way excited to really be out of Logan and be home with my extraordinary family.  I am still congested which is not fun though!




No comments:

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones