10 January 2008

Gilbert Blythe

I just finished "Anne of Green Gables," and "Anne of Green Gables: the Sequel" for the hundredth time.  I have to say that Gilbert Blythe is one of the greatest fictional men ever written.  He's so kind, loving, charming, and amazing.  Throughout everything he still loved Anne.  Those movies are simply heart-warming.  I love Gilbert Blythe.  
Those movies are just good.  They will one day be part of my personal collection.  Not for awhile though for I do not have money to spend on movies at the moment. But someday!!  One day I plan on marrying my very own Gilbert Blythe.  "I don't want sunbursts, or marble halls... I just want you." What a great last line!!  Beautiful.  Throughout the sequel you just have to be flabbergasted with Anne for her choice to not accept Gilbert's proposal.  Throughout the hours of movie you wonder how she could ever do such a thing.  I guess her first action makes the last few minutes of the movie that much more lovely.  
Sure Morgan Harris seemed like an okay catch, but nothing can best Mr. Blythe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But what about Mr. Darcy? Theodore "Laurie" Lawrence? Mr. Knightly? Captain Wentworth? Atticus Finch? Aragorn/Strider? Sherlock Holmes? Hamlet? Inigo Montoya? Rhett Butler? Edmond Dantes? Benedict? Colonel Christopher Brandon? Char? Horatio Hornblower?

JUST GILBERT BLYTHE?!

The problem with reading so much, I suppose, is that now I have this composite individual that no human can ever come close to matching. Except, of course, our father, who tends to personify a great many of those characteristics found in "literary crushes."

There is hope yet.

SunLover said...

Very true! I let my complete fascination with Gilbert Blythe hide all those other amazing characters!! How could I have ever forgotten Mr. Darcy, Laurie, Mr. Knightly, Captain Wentworth, Aragorn, Rhett Butler, Edmond Dantes, Colonel Brandon, or Edward Farrows, Ivanhoe, Tristan Thorne, Edmund Bertram??!!?!? I agree with you that reading so much presents a problem in this area! You like Sherlock Holmes? Interesting!

Anonymous said...

who is captain wentworth? Atticus Finch? Benedict? Colonel Christopher Brandon?
eW! hamlet?? he's completely deranged and dies!!!!! ..and sherlock holmes? ...you are so...interesting :D

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones