10 January 2008

Country Dancing

Last night I went country dancing with two of the coolest people in the world: Hailey and Jessie.  It was one of the funnest things I have done in a long time.  I was kind of skeptical at first because I had no idea how to country dance.  When I got there though, and heard the country music blaring, I was in heaven.  It was the time of my life.  Moving on!  


There was a guy there who had to be at least 40 year old.  He excessively creeped Hailey, Jessie and myself out.  We came up with a nickname for him, Geez, so whenever any of us saw him we said the name and we all turned around.  We decided that if he asked anyone of us to dance we would all get up and vacate.  It was highly disturbing.


Also I didn't realize that there were so many different country line dances.  I knew about the Boot Scootin' Boogie, but there must have been 5-8 different country line dances.  It blew me away.  


One of the greatest things to see were all these guys dressed up in cowboy gear.  There were a couple who looked mighty genuine and divine in their get-up, but then there were some who should have left somethings at home!  It was great.  I was asked to dance a few times- by people I already knew.  It was fun!  


I met a ton of people in the few hours we were there.  I interacted with people I knew from school and my ward.  Country dancing is one of the greatest things since sliced bread.  The best thing about it is that, if the guy knows how to dance, the girl doesn't really need to know what she is doing because the guy will lead her!  It was great to be swung, and twirled around.  It was awesome.  The cuddle position was perhaps the greatest move I was introduced to last night.


Well it was an excellent evening, no matter how cold it was as we were leaving.  I will most definitely be doing it again.  I probably should grasp a little more of the basics of it all before then.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had fun. A few comments. 40 year old plus guys won't be the only ones you should be concerned about. Considering your future plans you may want to be careful with the "cuddle"

Anonymous said...

You know only idiots enjoy country music. (Except I also disagree that rock 'n' roll has much to do with increasing IQ, either. Or rap. I guess country music is slightly less idiotic than rap.)

Also, I bet you didn't know that you can now answer the age-old question "How long will it take to get from here to there?" with absolute certainty. The answer is, of course, 7 hours and 51 minutes. How do I know this? Because I asked the Great Google God and He showed me a map.

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones