09 January 2008

The Beginning

Well I finally did it!  I created my own blog.  This really will be just a random collection of my thoughts, ideas and dreams because there really is no other reason for the blog's existence other than I have always wanted to create one!  Like it says in "About Me," I love the sun!  I miss it terribly right now because it has been overcast for a few days, and dumping snow all over everything.  Winter has got to be the most depressing season of the year.  It's cold, gray, wet, and cold!  Did I say cold twice...  well it is freezing!  The sun is so warm and inviting. When it is sunny, I want to spend as much time outside as I possibly can and absorb as many UV rays as possible.  When it is grey and wet all I ever want to do is stay cuddled in bed with my robe on and my space heater cranked up.  I want to be a hibernating bear when winter rolls its ugly face into existence every year!  It's been snowing ever since I arrived back to school a few days ago, and my car is officially buried.  I just received a phone call telling me my contacts arrived at the eye doctor's office but I have no desire to go pick them up.  The sun is glorious and I wish that it would rush on out, come say hello, and stay out!!  (I'll stay inside until all the snow is melted and evaporated.)  

School is a very interesting use of one's time.  The first day of a new semester is always the worst because your imagination gets the better of you.  Your syllabus is handed out and you start thinking about how you'll never be able to figure it all out, and how you will fail miserably.  Then the next day isn't that bad, because you realize that just like the "little engine that could" you can also reach the top of the hill with just a little bit of faith in yourself.  If I don't believe in myself there really is no hope for myself.  If I don't believe in myself, who will? 

But when you think you have got everything sorted out for the long haul through the semester, your math teacher throws a curve ball at you.  He announces that your math final is at the same exact time as your stats final.  His attractiveness just went down a notch (just a notch of course), because of the bucket load of confusion he just dumped into your almost-put-together-life.  There are sometimes I wished that I could just press a button and speed through school, so that I didn't have to deal with the insanity of it all.  But then I guess I wouldn't be growing from all the interesting lessons life throws at one who is going through a college education.  

I think I will call it quits for now.  The talk of college reminded me that I am indeed at college, and procrastinating homework which is never good to do at the beginning of a semester!  Au revoir until later.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I hate that you don't allow anonymous comments because now I can't use my name and website as a sign-in. Oh well. The sun is nice, but if you can see outside, there is sun, clouds and other particles are in the way. Also, the beginning of the semester is the best time to procrastinate; the closer you are to the end, the less time you have. Duh.

SunLover said...

This blog thing is new for me. I didn't know that you had to say that anonymous comments were allowed.

Anonymous said...

um wrong form of color choice. its actually "gray" but, i still love you! and WHY do you think your math teacher is attractive. that is a little...no, REALLY creepy.

-your ENGLISH lovin' sister

SunLover said...

My math teacher has got to be like 28, and he is mysteriously attractive. Dark hair, nicely put together... He is rather petite, but he is attractive. Not so much since the first time I saw him, but he's still nice to look at.

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones