21 June 2010

What is Love?

This question was asked as I sat at Ms. Heather Wrigley's home watching her mother make the most delicious cookies as we watched Sense and Sensibility. Both Eleanor and MaryAnne were in love, but both outwardly showed their love in drastically different ways. So the question was asked:

What is Love?

What do you think?

Have you ever been in love?

or been loved?

What is it and how does it feel?

Both of Eleanor and MaryAnne's beaux complimented each other. I mean, I could never be persuaded that Eleanor loved Willoughby and MaryAnne loved Edward. It was like it was their specific keys that unlocked the women's hearts. No other key could do it just the same. But then you have to ask, was MaryAnne actually in love with Willoughby - or was she infatuated with him? The Colonel unlocked her heart as well, but he and Willoughby are not similar in the slightest. And then what was it that constituted the Colonel's love for MaryAnne? He saw her through all her craziness. But loved her through it all.

What is love?

Everyone tells us we need to find the one that we can love and who will love us.

But what does that even mean?
How will we know when we find that one we love and who loves us? W
hat will it be like?
Will it be fireworks in our heart?
Will it be just a wake-up-in-the-morning feeling, and we'll just know?
Will it be a gradual understanding?

What is this insanely powerful emotion that ties one man and one woman together forever?

I love my family and I love my friends. I deeply enjoy their company. I can't wait to see them after a long absence. I hug them till it hurts. I love sharing my dreams, and adventures with them. I love divulging me and myself to them. I love hearing about their crazy lives as well. I hate it when they hurt. I love it when they're happy. I love finding them the most perfect presents.

Will this be what that LOVE is like?
Will I feel towards the man of my dreams as I do with my family?

But I love other people. I love those I meet. And who become part of my life through their influence. We bond in a most interesting way. I love Ms. Heather's family. I love those amazing brothers of hers as I would my own flesh and blood. I love many Albanians. I love friends of both genders.

What will make this LOVE different?

What is LOVE?

For all those out there who are married, or have ever fallen into the trap of LOVE, I ask from all of us who have yet fallen,
what is it?

No comments:

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones