07 June 2010

Adventure 2:

the 1st being with Shelby in Provo Canyon
***
Adventure 2 entailed me riding a bike for the first time in a long while!

It was hot. It was amazing. I started out and rode West following the gorgeous Provo River. The air was full of cotton and the smell of water. I loved the wind blowing against me. It was a great feeling--exhilarating really. The sun was beating on my back and I excitedly soaked up every ultraviolet ray. I realized mid-trip that somehow my front brakes (it took me awhile to figure out how to spell that- Ridiculous!) weren't up to par. I'll have to check that out.

Anyways, i fell upon a Summer Winterland.
It was gorgeous.

And as I rode further and further, I was getting more and more excited until

DEAD END.

Lame.

But I happily turned around because the UV rays were still pouring into my ever so eager skin. As I made my way back towards home, I noticed something thin and long in my path. I noticed it was a snake right before my front wheel pancaked it! Oops.

As I peddled home, I found out the perfect way to make yourself look like a leper. So all those wannabe lepers out there, listen up! This is what you do. First, go get exceptionally burned. Then, go and perspire - either by running, or riding your bike. The moisture (aka sweat) will not be able to get past that layer of dead, burned skin. This will cause your skin to bubble in sweat-drop sized bubbles. These bubbles will also be a whiter color.
And there you have it, you have achieved looking like a leper! Excellent.


It was a great ride!
Who would have ever thunked that riding a bike was "just like riding a bike"?

2 comments:

Laura B. said...

oh my gosh, Melissa. That picture of your skin is disgusting haha that is gross.

but anyways, were you dying on this bike ride of yours? cause i decided to ride to dicks and back this morning. and I was so sick from the physical activity. It was gross. and I was so tired I thought I was going to die. but, of course, this might be just because of my awesome lack of physical activity haha.

SunLover said...

No mamm! I felt so alive!!! It was great.

Love the Yamagata.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones